VISA & INCENTIVES TO MAKE MALAYSIA YOUR SECOND HOME,
AS RECOMMENDED BY DATO JIMMY CHOO
AS RECOMMENDED BY DATO JIMMY CHOO
The ‘Malaysia My Second Home’ programme (MM2H), is a scheme backed by the Malaysian Government, offering a multiple entry visa and incentives for qualified applicants who want to live in Malaysia. Since its initiation only a few years ago, over 12,000 people have decided to make Malaysia their second home, a large majority of whom are looking to retire and permanently reside in the country, made possible by the 10 year visa being renewable. There are a number of fantastic value for money packages available, please see below for more details.
Dato Jimmy Choo, Tourism Malaysia Ambassador and famous fashion designer outlined: “Malaysia is such a spectacular place with so much on offer. The people of Malaysia are very friendly and speak English well. Apart from its natural beauty and fantastic wildlife the country has great activities, from diving and white water rafting, to golf and bird watching.”
It is simple to see why so many people are deciding upon Malaysia as their second home. Malaysia has the perfect climate and an endless list of activities that include jungle trails and golf courses. There are many areas of natural beauty with an array of parks and botanical gardens, as well as stretches of glorious coastline, where the waters are perfect for fishing and diving. Families are also attracted by the high number of quality international schools, the low cost of living, theme parks and developed infrastructure.
Emma Mitchell, Product Executive for the Far East and Africa, at Hayes & Jarvis stated: “Penang in particular is the perfect home from home due to its laidback pace of life, year-round warm temperatures, friendly people, great food and affordable accommodation. Once you're there it's also incredibly cheap to eat and drink, allowing your money to go further and you to stay longer!”
The scheme makes it as easy as possible to move to Malaysia with a list of incentives that include allowing applicants to bring their spouses and unmarried children below the age of 21 as dependants. Those interested in the scheme can apply for the Malaysia My Second Home programme directly, or through Malaysia My Second Home agents licensed by the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia. For more information see http://www.mm2h.gov.my/.
The Top 10 Facts on the Programme:
1. Applicants are expected to be financially capable of supporting themselves on the programme in Malaysia.
2. Successful applicants are required to comply with certain financial criteria upon receipt of the conditional approval letter from Immigration Department of Malaysia.
3. All applicants and their dependants are required to submit a medical report from any private hospital or registered clinic in Malaysia.
4. Approved participants and their dependants must possess valid medical insurance coverage that is applicable in Malaysia from any insurance company.
5. For applicants with children nearing 21 years of age, they must submit their applications at least 3 months before their children reach the age of 21.
6. Property purchase is not a pre-requisite for participating in MM2H programme.
7. Each participant is allowed to bring in his/her own personal car OR to purchase a locally-assembled car without the need to pay import duty, excise duty and sales tax.
8. Children who intend to continue their schooling in Malaysia are required to apply for a Student Pass and should be insured throughout their stay under this programme.
9. Children below the school going age (7 years old) are not required to apply for a Student Visa. They need only apply for a Social Visit Visa.
10. Business owners are required to register their business with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (CCM) under the Companies Act 1965.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: 020 8877 4509 / Mob: 07766 242 138
Test out life in Malaysia with the following Packages
Hayes & Jarvis (www.hayesandjarvis.com / 0844 415 1918) has a 22-night break available to the three-star plus Bayview Beach Resort in Penang, Malaysia, priced from £1,139 per person – saving 20 per cent (£280pp). Located on Batu Ferringhi Beach, the hotel is a popular choice for couples who consider Malaysia ‘their second home’. Set within landscaped gardens, it boasts a large freeform pool and swim-up bar. Departing on 2 September, the package includes 20 nights’ room only accommodation (including four bonus nights), a complimentary room upgrade to a deluxe side Seaview room, Malaysian Airlines flights from London Heathrow to Penang via Kuala Lumpur (overnight outbound & inbound flights) plus transfers.
STA Travel (www.statravel.co.uk 0800 988 0390) has a great two-week volunteer project in Borneo in which you can experience this fascinating country through the eyes of a tribe. During the 14-day project you’ll be living in the rainforest and supporting its eco-system for the benefit of orangutans and will visit three national parks - Bako, Kubah and Batang Ai. You’ll be able to see these beautiful animals in their natural habitat and at rehabilitation centres, and do your bit to improve their living conditions and chances of survival. Along the way, you'll learn tribal tips about your own survival, swim in rainforest rivers and take epic longboat journeys through the majestic jungle. Prices from £1197 per person, this includes all tour accommodation and transport, selected meals and entrance to the orangutan centre and National Parks. International flights are not included.